Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mr & Mrs Khuru's Auspicious Day - 18 May 2008

Click to play Khuru's Wedding
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Its a Sunday and we actually woke up at 7am to attend this wedding. A slow drive, Shawna and me...we finally reached the temple at 1130am with 1 wrong turn in the process. As you can see in the picture above, I am missing...thanks to the camera man. If he was a professional, you would be able to see me on the right of the picture...what can I say...
The whole gang was there, Priya & hubby. Hey their baby is soooooooooo adorable. He is not in this picture but trust me, those eyes are going to break a lot of hearts in the future!
Geeta and Dr Ben was there too. Look are those voluptuous lips. I am referring to the baby and not the mommy...of course it is obvious where he got it from!

My two Marshmallow and Coco puffs (or was it Honey Stars) I cant remember and dont ask...its a long story!
Ok ok, so Shawna and I are petite...a cute way of saying that we're short.



So we sat around, watch the whole ritual going round and round the fire, the loud music or should I say prayer and people crowding on stage with the bride and groom. We ate, the food was not bad but for some of us who has allergies with veggies...we looked at each other and understood that we need to go to a restaurant after all this is over

We had a little problem deciding where to go, who is going, who is taking which car...and after 15 minutes of arguing and standing in the hot sun, I can feel the sweat rolling down my not so obvious cleavage, we finally decide to go to Ipoh for the "famous" coffee. Then there was another argument on who is following whom based on who knows the way better! Well we got there and then the restaurant was full and it was non-Halal. At times like this I wish there was only 1 religion or there aren't different rules in them. So we went to 2 different restaurants. It all went well at the end.




By the way, I bought 80 bucks worth of flowers...supposedly to decorate the bride's car. Well the flower ended up in the back seat. Not my fault... Technical error! (mental note to myself..need to perfect the technique before Shawna's wedding). Ah well...it's the thought that counts!

I had an extra passenger in my car driving back to KL as 'someone' had a back ache. So much for wanting to reach KL early, we took a detour to Tapah to visit a water fall area...I think it is called Lata Kinjang. We went, we stopped, we saw and bought banana fritters, keropok and an umbrella and we left! Of course we had the entire population of Tapah staring at us in heals and 'pretty' dresses surrounded by people in wet t-shirts, sarongs, shorts and slippers. Oh, I almost forgot, the guy who sold the umbrealla was interested in Shawna..is that good or bad...well I think it is funny!
All in all I think it was a good trip! Don't you guys think so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home