Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A year wiser

15th July 2006, my lovely collegues organized a party for me at Friendsters, Damansara Perdana. Alina, Karl, Don and John was there too. My morning started well, got a new dress, a new shoe (despite the stitches I had on my toe) and had my hair done. Not until 6pm when my date called to say that he was not feeling well and can't make it to dinner. Can you imagine how I felt at that moment? Suddenly this tune came to my head..."it's my party and I'll cry if I want to...", well or course that song had a different story to it but...hey who could blame me for crying right!?
Anyway, the party went on great coz I was surrounded by people I love and they love me. These are the friends whom I can rely on, there when I need a shoulder to cry on and accepts me for who I am. Who could ask for more. We did some bizarre stuff that night and it will be an experience I'll cherish for the entire of my breathing life. (not something I wanna do again though...hehehe)

That night, I could choose to be miserable and sulk all night. I could choose never to talk to my supposed 'date' but how can one blame a person for being sick at the last minute (or was he reaalllly sick? Whatever!). Should I have insisted that he showed up and spread the virus to the rest of the gang? In life we have a choice...to be unhappy and ungreatful for the things you don't have or to be the Sunshine and thankful for the people around you and the things you DO have. And I chose the latter.

I've learned that friends come and go. Some are like family, some disappear for different reasons; they moved away and lost touch, you had an argument and still disagree even after 20 years or just found new 'circle' of friends that would benefit their reason for being alive!
In my 32 years of living on this planet, I've found 2 friends whom I cant get rid off or they cant get rid of me no matter how hard they tried. Lynda and Alina. I've known them since I was 7...will tell you about them 1 of these days. Anyway, I've written this way back in July and have only decided to publish it today. Thanks to everyone who was there for me! Luv you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home